So I already kind of failed a little. XD
I completely forgot to post last night, so I am going to cover two topics in this post to (try) to make up for it.
Part 1 - 50 Book Challenge
I started the 50 Book Challenge this year to give myself an excuse to read all the books I've been meaning to read for ages. So far, I have finished:
The Asylum For Wayward Victorian Girls by Emilie Autumn
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Ghost Hunting by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson
I have a few more books waiting to be finished, so hopefully I'll get through those before the month is out. :)
I still have quite a way to go, but I'll have plenty of time to read over the summer to catch up.
Part 2 - Faire and what it means to me
Since Faire season is coming up soon, I figured I'd give a bit of an introduction to what will probably prove to be a common theme in this blog.
Renassance Faires have been a huge part of my life for years. 11, to be exact. So obviously it means alot to me. But its way more than just a hobby. Faire, to me, is a lifestyle. Just ask any of my friends - its all I really think about. Well, that and Harry Potter(but that's a different story).
My friends at Faire are like my family. Oh, who am I kidding? They are my family! They're certainly more my family than the people I'm biologically related to. They have been there for me during some of the hardest times in my life - times when my actual family left me to fend for myself in a situation where all I could find was confusion. My fairemily, as I call them, consists of a diverse group of people from all over the New England/New York area, and they all come from different backgrounds and have vastly different opinions on almost every aspect of life. Its like we're a huge, extended, slightly dysfuntional family. But that's what makes it amazing and fun. And we get to dress up in funny clothes and talk with funny accents....and make money doing it!
So yeah, I think that about covers it for now.
